Sweet Corn Tomato Gazpacho
A celebration of the freshest summer vegetables you can lay your hands on! Honey brings out the sweet flavor of raw corn, while cumin and coriander give it depth.
- 2 large tomatoes
- 2 ears raw corn, kernels removed
- 1/2 red onion, ﬁnely diced
- 1/4 cup chopped Footprints Edibles Calypso cilantro
- 1 tbs cumin
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 2 tbs honey
- 1 tbs white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbs olive oil – the good stuff
- Juice of 1 lime
Roughly chop 1 tomato and purée using a food mill or food processor. If using a processor, strain pulp through a sieve to remove solids.
Finely dice second tomato and add to a medium bowl with tomato purée, corn kernels and red onion.
Stir in Footprints Edibles Calypso cilantro, cumin, coriander, honey, vinegar and oil.
Season to taste with lime juice, salt and pepper. Add additional honey and vinegar as needed.
- Using a food mill saves time. By pressing the tomato through it leaves the tough skins and bitter, crunchy seeds behind.
- If you have access to them, use a sweet, mildly acidic yellow or orange tomato like Mr. Stripey or the Pineapple tomato.