Spicy Orange Soy Grilled Shrimp
These shrimp are bright and sweet. Eat them hot off the grill, or serve them with a tropical salsa, shredded cabbage, flour tortillas and plenty of cold beer! Grill extra and save them for a cold lunch the next day.
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp lime zest
- 1/4 tsp orange zest
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 cup lime juice. About 2 limes.
- 1/2 cup unseasoned rice wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 whole scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 Footprints Edibles Hot Sunset chile pepper, sliced horizontally into rounds
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbs chopped Footprints Edibles Calypso cilantro
- 1 tbs toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2½ pounds 21-25 count shrimp
- Skewers for the grill
If using wooden skewers, soak in water.*
Whisk together all ingredients, except shrimp and 2 tbs additional Footprints Edibles Calypso cilantro, in a bowl
Peel and devein shrimp, if needed, and place in a freezer bag. Pour marinade over shrimp.
Seal the bag, place in clean bowl, and refrigerate for 20-30 minutes. Drain shrimp.
Remove shrimp from marinate and skewer. Pierce each one twice, so they don’t spin when you turn them
Using a hot grill, cook shrimp off of direct heat for 2-3 minutes per side until opaque.
Remove from heat, toss with 2 tbs fresh cilantro and serve with additional lime wedges.
* Soaking your skewers prevents them from burning on the grill.
Buy shrimp by size. The “count” for shrimp refers to how many are in a pound.